Windows 7/iTunes 12

Hi Mike,
I think Itunes 12 downloaded and now it doesnít seem to recognize my cd player or my iPod touch. Iím not that computer savvy, but if you let me know what information you need to help me Iíll do the best I can.
What is for sure is itunes always worked well and one day itís didnít recognize my external cd play which I use to download my cdís onto my computer and then move them to my ipod touch.
The icons are gone and I canít seem to bring them back.
Thank you Mike,

Hello Randy

Apple has had a lot of people with this problem and this is what their response is:

Personally speaking when I have troubles with a program like itunes where it doesn't work properly after updating, I will completely uninstall the program and then restart my computer and reinstall it.  For uninstalling I always use CCLEANER so if you haven't already got this program you should get it first and use it as it will also clean out any other old registry issues.  You can download ccleaner from the following link:

To learn how to use CCLEANER properly visit the following link:

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.