Windows 7/cannot create system image in hard disk

Dear Mike

I am using windows 7 premium 64 bit genuine edition.

When I wanted to create a system image the only option available is on dvds only,  even though the hard drive option is shown. When I try to select the hard drive option, the  'next' button is faded.

I don't have external hard drive and I intend to save in the internal drive. How to activate this option?  The image is quite large, around 55gb and I don't want to use dvds.

Thank you. Reply and solutions very much appreciated.

Hello Eddie

You don't mention what program you are using to create this system image.  That is obviously needed to help you more.   Personally I use Paragon Hard drive Manager but Acronis is pretty good as well.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.