Windows 7/cannot create system image in hard disk

Dear Kevin

I am using windows 7 premium 64 bit genuine edition.

When I wanted to create a system image the only option available is on dvds only,  even though the hard drive option is shown. When I try to select the hard drive option, the  'next' button is faded.

I don't have external hard drive and I intend to save in the internal drive. How to activate this option?  The image is quite large, around 55gb and I don't want to use dvds.

Thank you. Reply and solutions very much appreciated.

Hi Eddie,

Does your hard drive have a second partition available with over 55GB of free space? If not, you will need to create a second partition to have that available space. You can use programs like Partition Wizard which can resize partitions. You can read the steps listed in the website below:

I highly recommend backing up your data in case something goes wrong.

Windows 7

Kevin Hou

I`m familiar with Windows 95/98/2K/XP/7 problems and will try my best to assist you. Feel free to ask any software or hardware related questions.

I started using computers over 10 years ago and have grown to both love and hate it to say the least. I have studied computer programming and graduated with a bachelor's degree in computer science.

Bachelors in computer information science