Windows 7/swsetup

Question
what is the swsetup and can i use it to re-install drivers on my laptop after formatting?

Answer
hi there

Some drivers can be difficult to find, your problem is that windows doesn't have them preinstalled the manufacturer of the laptop would have installed them separately after windows.  i suspect they do this on purpose to discourage people from fixing their own pcs etc

I have done this several times my self and first you need to do is to get the network card drivers installed, so you will need to know the card you have, device manager should be able to help you here.  You will have to download them and put them on a USB stick and plug that into the laptop and install them.

Once you have network and internet up and running, go to the manufacturers webs site (you may be able to get the network card driver from here) and install all the rest.

Regards

scott

Windows 7

scott bartholomew