Windows 7/upgrade to windows 10

My computer has windows 7 on it. If i upgrade  it to windows 10, will be able to run Microsoft Office 2000 premium.

Hello Joe

You are going to want to upgrade to Windows 10 eventually but no, MS Office 2000 or 2003 are not compatible.. you can see from the chart (see link below) which shows only windows 8.1--but windows 10 is built on the framework of windows 8. This being said, you would be able to start the upgrade process at which point it will tell you what programs are not compatible.. but personally if you are still using office 2000, I would be upgrading that as well as it is so far behind.. so many possible security problems using such old software on any computer connected to the internet.

Here is the link to the chart provided by microsoft support:

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.