Windows 7/Win 7 > 10 > 7

Hi Mike, so I recently installed Win 10 free upgrade and am fairly happy with it. I am a home musician so RAM is very important to me. I've minimized RAM as much as possible for now, and Win 10 is still using a little bit more RAM than my old Win 7.

MS says we have a month to test out the free Win 10 before the option to revert to Win7 expires.

I have backup DVD's, from my Lenovo laptop, of the factory Win7 (and bloatware). I am wondering if I can reinstall Win 7 using those DVDs after one month. Or does MS change my serial number or something which would make my old Win 7 invalid (after one month).

If you even know an appropriate link for me to follow, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

You are not going to want to install windows 7 after installing windows 10.. there is no point   windows 10 is so much evolved from windows 7 that you are going to enjoy the new interface. There is not enough difference to make a real impact in what you are already used to.

Since microsoft only supports one old operating system if you have windows 7 then you will have to upgrade sooner or later anyway so if all is working then you are in good shape.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.