Windows 7/windows 10 printer problem

I have just updated my HP pavilion printer with windows 10, updating from 8.1;  and none of my programs will print (wordperfect x6, word, adobe xi) actually the driver was "eaten" so I re-installed -- printer is HP laser jet 2300 series PCL5

got it re-installed (I think) at least it shows up on the wp print menu now;  but nothing happens;  test page doesn't go thru;  trying to print existing docs in wordperfect , adobe and word don't go thru.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Hi Gene,
Upgrading to Windows 10 from any earlier version of Windows could require some programs to be reinstalled.

I recommend uninstalling the printer driver completely and reinstalling it. The Windows 8.1 drivers should work. Download the latest drivers from the HP website, do not use the CD that came with the printer.

Also make sure there aren't any documents stuck in the print cue by right clicking on the printer and selecting "See whats printing"

Windows 7

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer question in many areas of Windows 7 including installing, upgrading, downgrading and updating Windows 7. We can also answer question about security issues such as malware and virus removal.

15 years experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting, Windows based Operating Systems

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems