Windows 7/windows 10 printer problem

Hi Mike -- I have just updated my HP pavilion printer with windows 10, updating from 8.1;  and none of my programs will print (wordperfect x6, word, adobe xi) actually the driver was "eaten" so I re-installed -- printer is HP laser jet 2300 series PCL5

got it re-installed (I think) at least it shows up on the wp print menu now;  but nothing happens;  test page doesn't go thru;  trying to print existing docs in wordperfect , adobe and word don't go thru.

I unplug and re-plug in the printer -- no luck.  The computer doesn't recognize the printer although it's been connected the whole time;  reinstalling the driver doesn't help...

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Hello Gene

Since you have failed attempts of printing, my guess is you will need to clear your print manager queue. Double click on the printer icon on your system tray (lower right of the screen) and make sure there are no print jobs waiting to print. select all and delete. Also click on FILE and make sure it is not set to PRINT OFFLINE.

Once the print manager is cleared, go back to the printer/devices and right click on the printer you are using as your default that you want to print from. When you right click, choose properties and try a test print.

If it prints now then you are set.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.