Windows 7/windows 7

bought a has windows 7.the tag on bottom says windows xp media center.i had it checked and it says compatible for windows 10.i started the download and went completely through.i restarted and it starts opening and stops.tried using the f12 key and no hope.all I have now is a dark screen with just the mouse cursor.dont have recovery their anything I can do to put back to windows 7?

Hi Bruce,
You can put Windows 7 back on your computer. If you have the product key that was on the computer before the upgrade to Windows 10, all you need is a Windows 7 CD for whatever version (IE Home, Professional etc, It was most likely Home) was on the computer prior to upgrading. The easiest thing would be to ask a friend if they have one, if not you can download it from

If you do not know the product key you will have to buy a new copy of Windows. You can still get Windows 7 from

Windows 7

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer question in many areas of Windows 7 including installing, upgrading, downgrading and updating Windows 7. We can also answer question about security issues such as malware and virus removal.

15 years experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting, Windows based Operating Systems

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems