Windows 7/W7

Some time ago I loaded a W95 game Civil War Generals2.Difficult to obtain compatability so I uninstalled it. Now when I boot up my machine my antivirus shows a notice cwg2.exe blocked every time. How can I get rid of this annoying file please?

Hi Dennis,
You should be able to delete the file or folder that the file is located in. You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus to remove it.

If you are unable to delete it try deleting it in Windows Safe Mode. The link below explains how to get into Safe Mode in Windows 7.

Windows 7

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer question in many areas of Windows 7 including installing, upgrading, downgrading and updating Windows 7. We can also answer question about security issues such as malware and virus removal.

15 years experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting, Windows based Operating Systems

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems