Windows 7/Have to boot twice in win 10

Hi Mike

At first the windows boot normally. Now the win 10 have to boot twice to start. The first boot the logo appears. then nothing. I have to press the power button again and this time it was able to boot .

Thank you.

Hello Chan

Try the following and see if it helps

It should be very simple and requires a simple config option to be unticked.
In Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do, then under the Shutdown settings section, Untick the "Turn on fast startup (recommended)".
That's it!

Apparently this setting is only used after a shutdown, so that is why after pressing the restart button it boots ok.

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.