Windows 7/Flash drive diver W7

Question
I recently bought a flash drive for my W7.When I try to open it I get the message "Please insert disc" So it appears I have a missing driver. The flash drive works fine on my laptop-also W7.Can you help please?
Dennis Wilson

Answer
Morning

Win7 should have a suitable driver pack for your USB drive.  It is possible they are corrupt.

It could also be the USB port on your PC that is faulty.  Please check event viewer to see if anything is being logged.

Another way is to check the install logs for plug and play, you find them here:

C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log

this will log USB drives plugged in and which drivers are installed.  If you can post the entries for the time frame when you plug the drive in it may tell us something.

Windows 7

scott bartholomew