Windows 7/How to install win 10

Hello Mike

I am currently using a Windows 7 premium 64 bit genuine version.

I have downloaded this file to my computer Win 10_1511_1_English_x64.iso

I would like to know how do i install? Can i install it offline? If not then I have no choice but do it over a WiFi hotspot.

If I am not satisfied can I go back to 7?

What to do with the file if I store in usb drive. Can i use it again or reinstall?

Thank you. Your reply is very much appreciated.

Hello Eddie

Actually Microsoft has made this very simple. Even though you have already downloaded the ISO, you can use the media creation tool and create that flash drive, as well, you can simply upgrade your existing windows 7 system using the same tool. Instead of creating the flash drive just choose UPGRADE THIS PC.  I do however, suggest creating the flash drive as well as this can be used for additional computer installs or if you run in to troubles with your own and need to boot to the flash drive to repair windows.

Just visit the following link and get started:

As to your question "can you go back?" yes, if do run in to troubles you can boot to the advanced options and choose to go back.. so long as it is within a month that you decide. Visit the following website for that information, found  here:

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.