Windows 7/format anomaly

I take a USB flash drive to FEDEX/ KINKO  print copy shop, to print b&w jpeg files. Their OS is Windows7  eNTERPRISE.
They can't red my memory stick, and report, PLEASE FORMAT DISK.

My memory stick has been formatted on a mac. DISK UTILITY
formats usb drives, for windows compatibility. offering

I tried both formats, on 3 different drives. The print shop is
unable to read any of them. I take the drive to a friend's
windows PC, and he reads them pronto !

The craziest aspect of this situation is, the staff at the
print shop are unable to troubleshoot the problem. They seem
to have zero knowledge of any issues.

I have 150 b& w2 jpeg files to print, but can't find a shop who
can read the drives. It s surreal !

Hello James

Two things I would suggest..

the first: if you can't go to another place like Walmart for example then I would take one of the memory sticks you have (blank) and allow the place format it on their computer. Then take that home and transfer your pics to it. There should be no problem with the drive not being read if it was formatted on their machine.

Personally however, if I were to run in to this, I would NEVER be going to this place and would likely be purchasing a printer so that I can print my own pics.. an all-in-one color inkjet can be had for less than $50.

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting  

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.