Windows 7/Deleting a write-protected folder

How do I delete a write-protected folder in a Windows 7 environment?

Hello, Wayne.  Thank you for your question!

In order to delete a write protected file or folder, you have to disable the "Read Only" attributes of said object.  To do so you will have to:

- Right click the object, select "Properties".  

- When the dialogue options appears, you will want to make sure you are on the "General" tab.  

- From there, find the option at the bottom that says "Read-only" and make sure that box is unchecked.  

You should now be able to delete the file.  I hope this helps!

Windows 7

I have familiarized myself with the windows environment since Windows 95. Windows 7 is one of the best operating systems i am familiar with, and am willing to help anybody with problems they may have. Be it hardware, software, or simply the Windows environment itself.

I have repaired computers most of my life. I am the site administrator of many websites for businesses including (but not limited to): (my site),, and more. I do local computer repair in my area and have a very satisfied clientele.

I am a Network Engineer at Southern Illinois Network Consultants and an EOD Technician for the U.S. Army.

I am currently a student at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. I am majoring in Criminal Justice with a second major in Computer Science.

Corporation Ambassador for Courtesy Corporation.

Valley Ranch and Cabins - Wisconsin