Windows 7/"System Reserved Partition"

I already upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 : it is too long to explain but I screwed up my desktop PC (HP Pavilion)
I downloaded an ISO file with Win 10 from the Microsoft site and burned it on a DVD.
Now I want to do a complete fresh installation of Win 10 with this DVD.
Therefore I plan to format my C:disk with has only the Win 10 operating system (all other data are on other hard drives and backed up)
Question : can I include in the formatting the mysterious Partition "System Reserved" i.e. will I be able to reboot my PC after installing the fresh Win 10 ? I try to avoid any memory related to the actual confused PC.

Hello Ferdinand

When you say you want to do a clean install of windows 10, realize this means all of your data on the hard drive already will be removed completely. That being said, I suggest following the link provided here:

With regards to partitions, I would be deleting all partitions and formatting it as one drive BEFORE proceeding with this clean install. Windows will then partition accordingly and you should forget about what it is doing, nor should you try to add/remove the partitions it has created during the installation as well as trying to add additional files to it.  Windows 10 is actually very good at fixing itself in the case of issues afterwards, and that is because of the 'refresh/reset' feature built in which is information saved in its own service partition.

When people start trying to change partitions/sizes and manually adjusting cache/memory is when you  have more troubles than if you were to 'keep it simple'..

I hope this helps

Mike Dacre
follow me on twitter @tpsconsulting

Windows 7

Mike Dacre

As I have been volunteering in the 'windows' category since the inception of AllExperts, which has now moved to numerous windows categories. I will therefore be happy to answer any Windows 7,8 and 10 based question. What can't I answer? Not much, as this is the main reason I volunteered here, because I am hopeful the questions I can not answer will allow me to investigate the problem so that I can answer it. The TIPS and SOFTWARE support through my website at can also be of some help.

I have owned my own computer consulting business for the past 17 years and since the very beginning I have volunteered with AllExperts in the hopes I would be able to learn from others mistakes and problems. The goal for me is to be able to research any problem I don't initially have the answer to, in the hopes I will be able to further benefit for my own clients when they come across a similar problem.

More information can be found at my website

I grew up with computers, from the first Apple IIC, back when Bill Gates was a student himself! For the past 17 years I have been providing technical services from building computers to constructing complete control rooms. Working with CTV I have helped produce the 1994 Olympic Games in Lillehammer, Norway. Later, designing and construction of "instant replay control rooms' for the Big Screens found in Stadiums and Coliseums.