Windows 8/problem with win

Question
  I have a Lenovo thinkcentre.  It had win 8 but it upgraded to Win 8.1.  Everything seemed OK till yesterday.  I was working and listening to Youtube music when the music started acting erratic.  I clicked Youtube off and everything became erratic and a message popped up "Win 8.1 encountered a problem, please restart".  I restarted and the USB modem connection didn't work.  After pulling out modem plugs, USB plugs, etc. suddenly the internet worked again.  But still at the bottom of the desktop is that internet icon with the big red circle X on it.  When you click it says "NO Internet connection available" but you click on Explorer and it will connect to internet.  Do you know what's going on?

Answer
Hello Don,

thanks for your question!

Well, some drives from Windows 8 do not work well on Windows 8.1. maybe try it with newer USB drivers and USB modem driver. I suggest you use drivermax for this, it helped me a lot :) http://www.drivermax.com

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege