Windows 8/Blue Screen errors

Question
First, thank you for your time. I updated my laptop from windows 7 to 8 a while ago and started encountering a number of problems. I made sure that all my drivers were up to date, ran memtest, upgraded my ram and wi-fi adapter, and ran antivirus checks and found nothing wrong and yet my computer still gets BSOD errors like the "DPC Watchdog Violation" error and the "driver IRQL not less or equal" error. My webcam and bluetooth adapter also stopped functioning  despite me uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for both.
So I suppose my question is: Do you think these problems could be the result of a bad install of Windows 8 and that I could remedy the situation by just doing a clean install?

Answer
Hi Matt!

"Do you think these problems could be the result of a bad install of Windows 8 and that I could remedy the situation by just doing a clean install?"

Yes, this is entirely possible.  Upgrades (vs. clean installs) are susceptible to odd behavior/issues like this.  I obviously cannot guarantee that it will fix it, but there is a good chance - good enough to attempt if a clean install is not too inconvenient.  It depends on the source of the blue screen.  How often does this happen?  Is it always the same stop code?  What is the stop code?

Before doing so, I would investigate the definite compatibility of each of your devices.

What make/model of computer are we working with?  What is the make/model of each component you have upgraded?

Feel free to contact me with any follow up questions you might have.

Good luck!

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech