Windows 8/I just bought Windows 8-installed computer

Question
Hello,

I just bought an HP Envy M6-1205DX PC with Windows 8. I also have a Dell Inspiron 1200, which of course has XP. Can I run both computers at the same time? Or can I at least shut one off and use the other, or vice versa? I know you hate XP, but I still want to use it sometimes, for small things. Is this possible? I have a Linksys router for wireless service through AT&T.

Thanks in advance - I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere on the internet.

Linda

Answer
Hi Linda!

If you have a wireless router, then you absolutely can use both at the same time (depending on how good you are at typing/using two computers at once ;)).

You should only need connect to the wireless on each computer to have Internet access on both machines - even at the same time - your wireless router will sort out having both connected at once.  There is no need to shut one off to use the other, or to do anything special to use them at the same time.

If you have any other questions, feel free to follow up!

Good luck!

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech