Windows 8/IE

Question
I have a gateway laptop with windows 8. my question is I do not like to use Internet Explore, I prefer to use Firefox. How do I uninstall Internet Explore from my laptop?

Answer
Hi Mark!

There is no reason to "uninstall" IE if you choose not to use it, thus you can disable IE, but you cannot uninstall it.

Go to Start and type in "turn windows features off", under Settings.  Uncheck the box for Internet Explorer 10, then click OK.  This will disable IE on your computer (again, there is no way to "uninstall" or remove it completely).

Feel free to follow up with any additional questions you might have.

Good luck!

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech