Windows 8/internet connection

how can i bring up the internet connection page that we had with previous versions of windows.

right now all i can get is a listing of two networks,and i can't disconnect or reconnect, clicking on them does nothing. pls help. thanks!

Hi David!

What do you mean by "internet connection" page?

Do you mean the network connections page?  If so, go to Start and type in "view network connections" under Settings.  You can also get to it by right-clicking your network connection in the notification area, Open Network and Sharing Center, Change Adapter Settings.

Or do you mean the wireless network connections page?  Windows 8 has changed how you manage wireless profiles.  Go to Start and type in "wireless", or open the Charms menu (far right corners, or swipe from right on screen/touchpad), Settings, Wireless.  There you can connect to a network by clicking on it, then Connect; or you can do other things (like "forget") by right-clicking on a network you are connected to.  If you need more advanced options for configuring wireless connections, open a Command Prompt (Start, "command"), and type in "netsh wlan /?" for options.

Feel free to contact me with any follow up questions you might have.

Good luck!

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer nearly all questions about Windows 8 - installation, upgrade, virtualization (Hyper-V, etc.), configuration, how to get the most out of it, how to buy it, etc. I won't pretend to know it all - nobody can - if I don't know, I will try and find the answer. If I can't find it, I'll tell you.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I have been using Windows 8 since the early Developer Preview days and use it on all of my primary PC's for a number of activities.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).