Windows 8/Compressed Folders in Windows 8.1

I am compressing folders for last year and already have a Music folder, a Personal folder, a Business folder, etc.  I now would like to get these folders all within one compressed folder for 2013.  How do I best do that?

In the WinZip application, it would be as simple as dragging and dropping one to the other.  How do I do that?

Jack Devlin

Hello Jack! Thanks for your question! I took it from the pool of unanswered questions by others.

The built-in ZIP function in Windows is unreliable as ever, don't trust your work on that one! I often have been struck with problems and functions missing. I would rather prefer you use the freeware called 7-Zip instead:

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.