Windows 8/Compressed Folders in Windows 8.1

Question
I am compressing folders for last year and already have a Music folder, a Personal folder, a Business folder, etc.  I now would like to get these folders all within one compressed folder for 2013.  How do I best do that?

In the WinZip application, it would be as simple as dragging and dropping one to the other.  How do I do that?

Thanks,

Jack Devlin

Answer
Hello Jack! Thanks for your question! I took it from the pool of unanswered questions by others.

The built-in ZIP function in Windows is unreliable as ever, don't trust your work on that one! I often have been struck with problems and functions missing. I would rather prefer you use the freeware called 7-Zip instead: http://www.7-zip.org

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege