Windows 8/Gadgets in Windows 8.1

My new laptop came with Windows 8 and I was able to also install a Gadgets Pack which included an analog clock, a battery meter, and a few other items.  Recently, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 only to find out that it does not support these gadgets.  

Are there any applications out there that I could install with Windows 8.1 that would give me this capability?

Jack Devlin

Hello Jack!

Thanks for your question and happy new year!

Yes, there is an application that works, I just tried it out on my Windows 8.1 x64:

The Thoosje Sevenbar was not designed for Winows 8.1. however so you need to run the setup file as Administrator with compatibility settings for Windows Vista. If you need any help for that please let me know.

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.