Windows 8/Gadgets in Windows 8.1

Question
My new laptop came with Windows 8 and I was able to also install a Gadgets Pack which included an analog clock, a battery meter, and a few other items.  Recently, I upgraded to Windows 8.1 only to find out that it does not support these gadgets.  

Are there any applications out there that I could install with Windows 8.1 that would give me this capability?

Thanks,

Jack Devlin

Answer
Hello Jack!

Thanks for your question and happy new year!

Yes, there is an application that works, I just tried it out on my Windows 8.1 x64:

http://www.thoosje.com/windows-7-sidebar-for-xp-and-vista.html

The Thoosje Sevenbar was not designed for Winows 8.1. however so you need to run the setup file as Administrator with compatibility settings for Windows Vista. If you need any help for that please let me know.

Hope this helps!
All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege