Windows 8/Startup for PC

Question
What items/applications are absolutely important at startup besides antivirus/firewall?  (Startup is so slow!)

How do I enable and disable these?  I have Win 8.
Thank you!

Answer
Hello Joo, thanks for your question!

please notice that Windows 8 is outdated, please update it to Windows 8.1 in the first place. 8.1 is like the Service Packs for older Windows versions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorial

It contains also updates for more software compatibility and fixes a lot of problems and issues.

You can look at the startup processes at Task Manager reachable by :

ALT + CTRL + DEL -> Task Manager --> Startup

Important are driver related apps (this includes, printer, scanner, graphics card, etc), of course as you already said antivirus  and firewall.

Hope this helps!

All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege