Windows 8/Startup for PC

What items/applications are absolutely important at startup besides antivirus/firewall?  (Startup is so slow!)

How do I enable and disable these?  I have Win 8.
Thank you!

Hello Joo, thanks for your question!

please notice that Windows 8 is outdated, please update it to Windows 8.1 in the first place. 8.1 is like the Service Packs for older Windows versions:

It contains also updates for more software compatibility and fixes a lot of problems and issues.

You can look at the startup processes at Task Manager reachable by :

ALT + CTRL + DEL -> Task Manager --> Startup

Important are driver related apps (this includes, printer, scanner, graphics card, etc), of course as you already said antivirus  and firewall.

Hope this helps!

All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.