Windows 8/windows password

On a brand new HP laptop, I screwed up the windows password and can not and never have been able to get into windows.  How can I get rid of or reset the password when I have no idea what the password is and don't have a password disk.  Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob! Thanks for your question! I took it from the pool of unanswered questions by others.

Well, first of all, please notice that Windows 8 is outdated, please update it to Windows 8.1 in the first place. 8.1 is like the Service Packs for older Windows versions:

It contains also updates

To reset a password in Windows 8 / 8.1 it depends on what kind of user account you use (local or unternet based account)

All can be read here :

Ths should help you resettting it even without a password recoevery disk/CD/usb flash drive

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.