Windows 8/Win 8.1 Lock screen

I'm unable to change my lock screen. When I try to change it, it just freezes and I'm stuck with the same picture.
Please help Thank you!

ANSWER: Hello Joo!

Thanks for your qustion!
I have taken it from the pool as the others didn't know how to answer.

Did you install the latest updates of Windows 8.1? Especially Update 1 and Update 2?
Those updates include a lot of bug fixes and security patches and may solve your issue, too!

To Update Windows 8.1. to Update 1 and Update 2 use Windows Update Service:

Hope this helps!
All the best!

QUESTION: Hello Joerg!
Thanks for pulling up my question and trying, but this didn't work.

Hello again Joo!

Then in this case, you may be forced to do a repair install as written here;

Now it's up to you if you think the non-functionality of the lock screen changing justify this.

This should help it :)

All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.