Windows 8/Windows Activation

For months windows activation has been popping up telling me to activate windows, yet when it takes me to the personalize option its unclickable. So I go to system details it tells me windows is not activated, but when I click on view details in windows activation it tells me it is. I'm lost and almost given up can you help?

Hello Danny,

thanks for your question!

please notice that Windows 8 is outdated, please update it to Windows 8.1 in the first place. 8.1 is like the Service Packs for older Windows versions:

It contains also updates for more software compatibility.

It may also fix your activation problem maybe.

Hope this helps!
Please let me know!
Thanks in advance and
All the hbest!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.