Windows 8/Blank screen - Joerg Droege

I have Windows 8 installed.
As of today my screen periodically goes white-blank when viewing a Microsoft Word 2013 document. At times I cannot select text.
I have run Norton virus checker. No viruses detected.

Can you please inform me if this is a software issue? (Windows, Word or Graphic driver) or can it be a hardware issue? (graphic card, hard disk)

Many thanks

Hello Pejam.

thanks for your question!

First of all:
please notice that Windows 8 is outdated, please update it to Windows 8.1 in the first place. 8.1 is like the Service Packs for older Windows versions:

It contains also updates for more software compatibility.

It may also fix your Word issue maybe.

If not I suggest updating your graphics card driver, I would use the free too drivermax for this.

Also check Windows Update for Office 2013 updates you may not have installed yet.

I hope this helps! Please let me know!

All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.