Windows 8/Corrupted files.

Question
Hello dear 'power Edge', hope you are doing fine. I have windows 8.1 in hp g6 pavilion laptop. recently, i refreshed my pc a month ago or two, and when i tried to update it, i found that some files are corrupted such as mshtml.dll, browseui.dll, wvweb.dll and thre are many more. I refresshed and resetted my laptop to default factory settings many times, and ran dism /onine /restorehealth and update recovery tools and many things, since a month i am doing this stuff, but all fails and there are still corrupt files. Now what should i do because i cannot easily reach the place from where i bought this laptop, only i can call the retailer who knows little. Is there a solution to this problem other than dism, dism in powershell, update repair tool, and sfc? i am running windows with a single admin account, whic is live windows id. Thank you in advance. Bye.

Answer
Hello Bas,

thanks for your question!

I took it from the pool as nobody else knew an anwswer.

What means you "refreshed the system"? PLease explain, thanks in advance!

Other than reinstalling you could also wait for Update 1 which is supposed to be released in 2 weeks! It is a big update supposed to fix many problems and also exchange dll files in the process!

Thank you!

All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege