Windows 8/Win 8

How do I disable the lock screen in Win 8.1?
Thank you!

Hi Joo!

You can't "disable" the Lock Screen, but you can limit when it shows.

The Lock Screen will always show:

- When you press WIN-L
- When you otherwise "lock" the screen or log off

The Lock Screen can be avoided:

- If your user has no password
- If you set your user to login automatically on startup or resume
- If you disable your screensaver/power options

Let me know if you have a specific invocation of the Lock Screen you are trying to avoid.

Good luck!

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech

I can answer nearly all questions about Windows 8 - installation, upgrade, virtualization (Hyper-V, etc.), configuration, how to get the most out of it, how to buy it, etc. I won't pretend to know it all - nobody can - if I don't know, I will try and find the answer. If I can't find it, I'll tell you.

I worked as an analyst in Dell server support for 2 years, and have since worked with many Dell PowerEdge servers. I am currently employed as IT Manager. I have been using Windows 8 since the early Developer Preview days and use it on all of my primary PC's for a number of activities.

I have a BS in Computer Science and have earned the following certifications: CompTIA Security+, A+, Project+; CIW Web Design, Database Specialist; Microsoft Windows 7; Dell DCSE Server. I am also an expert in Windows 7, Servers, and Hard Drives (I don't normally do XP - not because I don't know it inside and out, but because I have "retired" personal support for XP, and I want to see it die :)).