Windows 8/hard drive selection

QUESTION: Dear Joerg
I have two drives in my computer, - could you kindly advise me how to select which drive I wish to Access? many thanks and Best Regards, Ken.

ANSWER: Hello Kenneth!

thanks for your question!

I was away so I put it in the questions pool, but since nobody else answered, here we go again.

Is your computer a computer you have bought preinstalled from a store or one a friend put together for you? In many cases 1 hard drive is for OS or recovery and others for applications.

As I assume you bought a stock computer from the stores, please let me know PC brand AND model number

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

QUESTION: Hello Joerg, Many thanks for your reply, My computer is an Asus with Amd Sempron

Hello Kenneth!

Thanks for your feedback. However what I need to know is the brand and the model number of your computer.
What you have told me is the brand of the used motherboard and processor but there are tons out there with those parts. (Pretty much like cars have a steering-wheel and tires).

Did you get it from a computer store or did somebody like a friend put it together for you?

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.