Windows 8/sign-on

how do i eliminate the need to enter a master password when starting (or re-starting) my win8 laptop.  it lives in my house and the log in password is a bother to me.  many thanks.  jim

Hello Jim

thanks for your question
first of all Windows 8 is no longer supported by microsoft and gets security patches anymore. So if you really use Windows 8, please update to Windows 8.1 for free first and then Update to Windows 8.1 Update 1

See this:

After that, see this:

Here is how to remove the password from a Windows 8.1 user account.

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.