Windows 8/Downgrading

Question
QUESTION: How do I downgrade from windows8.1 to windows 8. It has been messing with my pc and I'm sick of it.

ANSWER: Hi Danny!

You will have to elaborate on "It has been messing with my pc". There is little enough difference between [home] and Pro that installing [home] instead of Pro would fix the issue.

The only way to "downgrade" from Pro to [home] is to purchase Windows 8.1 [home] and do a clean install.

Please feel free to follow up with more info or any other question you might have.

Good luck!

QUESTION: Thanks for responding so quickly. What I mean is my pc has been slower, I would get blank screens on my screensavers, when I hover my mouse on the icon bar they would double, disappear, or not respond, just a lot of glitches like that. I had someone look at it and they said windows 8.1 is too advance and my processor can not handle it, so I wanted to go back to windows 8. My pc came installed with 8 then they started offering 8.1 for free. Now I see why, its crap!!!!!! I have the product key but no cd for it.

Answer
I'm sorry, I misread your question. For some reason, I thought you wanted to downgrade from Pro to the non-Pro [home] version. It may have been because I was doing a "downgrade" for a client while answering this question.

So, let me start over. The vast majority of users consider 8.1 a huge upgrade to Windows 8, which was very unpopular. The technical performance requirements are the same for both, so 8.1 should not be "too advanced" for any hardware that shipped with Windows 8.

If you are sure you want Windows 8, you will need to obtain Windows 8 media from the manufacturer of your PC and do a clean install.

My recommendation? Do a clean install with Windows 8.1. Be sure to back up the 8.1 key you got when you upgraded (or use a tool like MJB or Belarc) to get the key, then use the utility below to create 8.1 installation media to install with. I suspect something happened during the upgrade or some subsequent event (upgrades, software installation, malware, etc.) that caused your computer to run poorly.

If you want, tell me which processor model you have and how much RAM is installed (and your computer make/model) and I will tell you what you might expect from your hardware configuration.

Good luck!

EDIT: Add forgotten link:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech