Windows 8/Search Engines, Crashing

Question
Hello and thanks for taking my two questions. Essentially, on my Windows 8.1 computer with the latest Firefox update I am now unable to use my search engines as before. Previous versions of FF did not present this problem and I would like to know how it might be rectified? I get a blank page or a message that it is unable to connect to "Startpage", a great search engine as well as IXQuick and DuckDuckGo.

Secondly, if I may, I am also having trouble with the latest Firefox version crashing when it closes. It's the proverbial "Firefox has crashed" message each time no matter how I close it. I need help in figuring out what to do to alleviate this problem that was also non-existent with the previous versions. I have contacted Mozilla help forums but to no avail. Thank you much for your help with these matters.

Answer
Hello Cory!

Thanks for your question and a happy new year!

I am taking it from the pool as other experts didn't know how to answer.

You have 3 options

1) Reinstall the previous versions that worked.
2) Install latest beta version and try this.

1 and 2 you can get from filehippo.com

3) if 1 and 2 do not work, contact the support of the tool bars and ask them for help!
Hope this helps!
Please let me know how it turned out!

All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege