Windows 8/have 8.1 but want my old windows 8

Accidentally downloaded 8.1 is there an easy way to get my 8 back, and of course, without charge.

Hello Jak

thanks for your question

No, this is not possible, it's phased out and it's very insecure to use Windows 8 as there are no more security updates or whatsoever, which would mean you are browsing then on the internet with a pc with as much holes as swiss cheese.

Why would anybody want to return to Windows 8 over 8.1? What are your reasons to go back to Windows 8? Windows 8.1 and 8 are basically the same, so tell me what your issues with Windows 8 are and I am sure there is a solution whatever your issue is :)

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.