Windows 8/window screen resolution

Hello, Joerg Droege

I have the following question:

I created a Standard Account as an Admin, then logged in to the newly created Standard Account.

However the screen on the Standard Account looks blurry. Then I went back to the Admin account and updated the monitor drivers (everything was up to date).

I had also checked the screen resolutions and in both accounts it was the same.

What's causing this problem?

Thank you

PS: when I use the command line, the fonts look smaller and blurrier in the Standard Account as well.

Hello Jake,

thanks for your question!

So there are 2 places to check:

Did you install the latest updates of Windows 8.1? Especially Update 1 and Update 2?
Those updates include a lot of bug fixes and security patches and may solve your issue, too!

To Update Windows 8.1. to Update 1 and Update 2 use Windows Update Service:

Is the last graphics card driver for your card installed? I'd suggest using the free version of drivermax to figure that out:

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.