Windows 8/Capture image (wim) from windows 8.1

How to capture windows 8.1 image and then use it create a new ISO? My windows is licensed. So, after capturing and making iso of it, will it be licensed to my system or will the license will be lost? Please help!

Hello    Sharique,

thanks for your question! I have taken it from the pool as others didn't know how to answer your question.

Well, in very modern cases the key could be stored in your BIOS or UEFI . In any case you can read it out, in case this is not the case:

Here is how to create a new ISO:

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.