Windows 8/factory reset

i have an hp laptop that came with windows 8, but i upgraded it to windows 8.1, i would like to know whether if i do a factory reset, if the windows 8.1 operating system would remain or if it will go back to windows 8.

Hello Junior, thanks for your question!

Yes, the laptop will return to Windows 8 once you do a recovery with the enclosed recovery CD. But you can also download the Windows 8.1 ISO manually and burn it to a DVD see here:

Hope this helps!
All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.