Windows 8/Windows 8.1 Definition Updates

Greetings! I am having great difficulty now with updating and downloading the Windows 8.1 definitions whereas I did not have any problems before Windows 10 came along. Now, every time I go to try to update the Windows 8.1 definitions ONLY, Windows 10 intrudes and always wants to download itself instead. I am not ready to download Windows 10 yet! I only want the latest Windows 8.1 update definitions. Why is this happening I wonder? Thank you very much for your help in this matter and I hope to find a solution to be able to update only 8.1 definitions.

Hi Tanner,
Just under the graphic about upgrading to Windows 10 will be a link that reads similar to "Check for Windows 8.1 updates". Non of the computers I have access to have the same behavior so I can't be sure of the wording.

Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows, so that is the one that Microsoft is pushing. Just about every new computer sold will have Windows 10, all advertising and marketing will be geared toward Windows 10

Windows 8

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer questions about security issues including malware and virus removal, upgrading or downgrading Windows 8 or 8.1. We can also assist with the installation and updating Windows 8 and 8.1

The owner of Computers Unlimited LLC has 15 years experience working with Windows based desktop Operating Systems

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems