Windows 8/Win 10 - won't recognize internal mic

Question
My problem is with windows 10. After upgrading, the internal mic on my Lenovo G50 laptop think pad
no longer received input. Even though it is listed as enabled and as the default mic in Sounds it no longer appears in the Device Manager under AUDIO INPUTS AND OUTPUTS. I have the latest correct audio driver but when I try to install it the wizard says UNABLE TO FIND DEVICE. I don't doubt that I must have unknowingly deleted it when I was trying to get it to respond to voice inputs. The problem is :

I don't know how to get the computer to re-recognize it so that it is an active piece of hardware that will allow me to install the driver.

I will  greatly appreciate your help. Thank you in advance for your time and for sharing your expertise.

Bill Derringer

Answer
Hi Bill!

I am taking it from the pool as other experts didn't know how to answer.

I strongly suggest, download the free program DriverMax, I often use it for cases like yours. It has functionality to find missing or unknown hardware and also to find drvers for known hardware. The free version allows downloading 2 drivers within 24 h.

It asks you to register, but the whole process and program is free! http://www.drivermax.com

Let me know how this turns out!
All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege