Windows 8/Double click error

screenprint error
screenprint error  
QUESTION: Hello, I have a samsung R780 Laptop that is running windows 10. I am experiencing an error when i go to double click on a desktop Folder but not an icon. I have attached an image to show you the error i get and hope you can help me.

ANSWER: Hello Robert,

thanks for your question! I have taken it from the pool as other experts didn't know how to answer.

There is a program for it to fix this issues:

Please try it and report back whether this works!

If this doesn't work, I recommend trying the registry fixing/cleaning functionality of Crap Cleaner:

Hope this helps, please report back!

Thanks in advance!
Joerg Droege

QUESTION: Thank you for helping Joerg, but neither of the 2 steps you outlined had any effect. It seems the file association fixer would repair a file problem but not the Folder in which a file is housed.

Kind regards

Hello Robert

thanks for your feedback. Actually a co-worker of mine had once the same issue on her work PC and it was a virus, here are some possible solutions:

Hope this helps!

All the best!

Windows 8

Joerg Droege

Being an early adopter of Windows 8, I can answer a wide-range of questions regarding this new OS.

I had to support users regarding all kinds of Windows problems for many years, often "blind" over the telephone. I work in the IT industry for many years now filling in various positions for various IT and financial and health-care related companies.

I did an education as a Management Assistant in Informatics under the control of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in year 2003.