Windows 8/Driver Issue with Win 8.1 Pro 64 Bit

Question
HI!

I Have Problem Installing the Driver of a Printer HP Laserjet 4200n a Non Usb printer on win 8.1 pro shared thru computer on which win 7 32 bit is installed.

On win 8.1 pro when i installed or connect the said printer the error for incompatible devices comes.I tried other win 8 privers on it but does not work.

Kindly suggest solution please..

Answer
  Hi Ahad, thanks for your question!

I've taken it from the pool as other experts didn't know how to answer it.

So you have an LTP Port printer? Such old devices mostly don't have drivers for print sharing over host computers, your best chance to get a better driver is www.drivermax.com or asking HP Support directly.

I often use it for cases like yours. It has functionality to find missing or unknown hardware and also to find drvers for known hardware. The free version allows downloading 2 drivers within 24 h.

It asks you to register, but the whole process and program is free! http://www.drivermax.com

However the chances are little, as said before and sharing resources via Windows computers is not a safe, easy and reliable way. Better option is to use a network printer with LTP Port. Then you can share it with multiple computers over network. I have done that myself already via a print server for USB printers.

Hope this helps!
Please keep me posted on how you proceed
All the best!
Joerg

Windows 8

Joerg Droege