Windows 8/Windows 10 Upgrade

Question

Good day. I have a question about upgrading my Windows 8 to Windows 10.

1. My firs step is to update my Windows 8 Laptop (Lenovo Z500) to Windows 8.1
2. After the update, i can see the notification that i can update my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
3. This is my Question, If i upgrade to Windows 10 for free today and i decided to reformat (one key recovery) my laptop and reverted back to Windows 8, can i still upgrade to Windows 10 for free assuming 1 year cutoff of Microsoft already expired. Or do i have to buy the license?

I am also thinking to create a recovery state using my Lenovo Z500's one key recovery. Did you have any experience on that?

In case you need some clarification, feel free to message me.

Thank you and have a nice day

Answer
Hi Jose!

You can revert back to 8.1 within 30 days of upgrading to Windows 10, without reinstalling 8.1 - Windows 10 will roll it back. OR you could reinstall if you wanted to.

You can upgrade to Windows 10 for free until July 2016. After that it will probably cost, but Microsoft has not announced pricing for Windows 10 after that.

Good luck!

Windows 8

PowerEdge Tech