Windows 8/Windows 10 Upgrades

Good day. I have a question about upgrading my Windows 8 to Windows 10.

1. My firs step is to update my Windows 8 Laptop (Lenovo Z500) to Windows 8.1
2. After the update, i can see the notification that i can update my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
3. This is my Question, If i upgrade to Windows 10 for free today and i decided to reformat (one key recovery) my laptop and reverted back to Windows 8, can i still upgrade to Windows 10 for free assuming 1 year cutoff of Microsoft already expired. Or do i have to buy the license?

I am also thinking to create a recovery state using my Lenovo Z500's one key recovery. Did you have any experience on that?

In case you need some clarification, feel free to message me.

Thank you and have a nice day

My understanding is if you upgraded to Windows 10 between July 29, 2015 and July 29, 2016, you  will always be able to install Windows 10 on that system as many times as you want, even past July 29,2016.

However legally the Windows 10 license is not transferable.  

Windows 8

Computers Unlimited LLC

Computers Unlimited LLC can answer questions about security issues including malware and virus removal, upgrading or downgrading Windows 8 or 8.1. We can also assist with the installation and updating Windows 8 and 8.1

The owner of Computers Unlimited LLC has 15 years experience working with Windows based desktop Operating Systems

2 Associate degrees in Information Technology 6 Career Study Certificates Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems