Windows 95/98/Pc restarting problem

I am having awful problems with restarting my PC. It either takes as much as half an hour or I am forced eventually to switch off the electricity by hand and then turn it on along with my PC. Any idea why it takes so long to restart yet takes only a few seconds to start? It is new PC only a couple of months old.

The most common reason for a slow shut down is some service running in background that need to complete before Windows can close.  Check out the instructions at the link below for troubleshooting:

Another good tool for maintaining Windows performance is ccleaner, which you can get here:

- Mike  

Windows 95/98

Michael Troy

I have lots of answers for problems with defrag, clock time, performance, system resources, problems with passwords, opening files, etc. I also probably know of a freeware/shareware application for anything you want to do: sharing Internet, firewalls, games, utilities, graphics, audio, etc.

I am the Director of Information Systems for a large law firm. I also have a home network of multiple computers and other devices.

George Washington University, BA University of Michigan Law School, JD