Windows 95/98/Labtop Error

Hi Michael

I just purchased a new Toshiba computer using Windows 8. This computer sometimes keeps wanting to restart it self. It says the error is a “system_service_exception”

Do you know what we can do to solve this problem?

If your curious to know what I look like you can visit

Take Care

I am not really an expert on Windows 8, but typically this sort of error is the result of fault hardware.  Typically it is the result of a bad video driver or bad RAM.  You may want to try updating the drivers, but if this laptop is still under warranty, I recommend returning it to the store for an exchange.  If there is a problem with the hardware, it is likely going to cost your hundreds of dollars to get it diagnosed and fixed.

- Mike  

Windows 95/98

Michael Troy

I have lots of answers for problems with defrag, clock time, performance, system resources, problems with passwords, opening files, etc. I also probably know of a freeware/shareware application for anything you want to do: sharing Internet, firewalls, games, utilities, graphics, audio, etc.

I am the Director of Information Systems for a large law firm. I also have a home network of multiple computers and other devices.

George Washington University, BA University of Michigan Law School, JD