Windows 95/98/unwanted ads

I am using Microsoft 8.1 on a Toshiba laptop and something has gotten int it causing ads to pop up every time I go to my mailbox [Outlook]. How do I correct this? Also keep getting warnings from Malwarebytes that wants to get into my PC.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like some malware has installed on your computer that is causing the ads to display.  If you are already running malwarebytes and it cannot kill it, you may want to try a few other tools.  I recommend trying Hitman Pro, which has a 30 day free trial, and also Vipre Rescue, which can be used as a one time cleaning tool on infected computers.

Also, try resetting your browser back to its factory default settings.  That can get rid of malware acting as browser add-ons.

- Mike

Windows 95/98

Michael Troy

I have lots of answers for problems with defrag, clock time, performance, system resources, problems with passwords, opening files, etc. I also probably know of a freeware/shareware application for anything you want to do: sharing Internet, firewalls, games, utilities, graphics, audio, etc.

I am the Director of Information Systems for a large law firm. I also have a home network of multiple computers and other devices.

George Washington University, BA University of Michigan Law School, JD