Windows and Doors/Entry Door

We currently have a metal Western exposure front door that fades and becomes dangerously hot from the sun. What is the best door material to use in these conditions to eliminate burns, but maintaining energy efficiency?  How much difference does the style of the door make?  I would like some glass incorporated into the door.
Thank you for your time and advice.

I would suggest Therma Tru Fiberglass doors. Fiberglass should not get as hot as metal and has very good energy efficiency  and they have 100's of door styles to choose from with many glass. They can be painted or come with a wood grain look that can be stained to look like a wood door. You can go to Therma Tru's website to see all styles available and to find a local dealer.  

With the fading...anything west facing can and will fade over time. If you are painting I would suggest investing in a high quality paint. I would suggest Sherwin Williams and Benjamin  Moore and ask them what would be the best paint to buy to help with fading.

R&R Windows & Doors  

Windows and Doors

Brittini Reitz

We are most familiar with the Hurd Window & Door brand. We can answer how to replace parts, identify parts, where to buy parts, if they are discontinued from manufacture and if there is a retro fit part that will work, how to shim and adjust Hurd Windows & Doors or diagnose a problem a Hurd window is having and how to fix it. We can also answer questions about pros and con of different types of window brands and help a person to know what they should ask when they are looking to buy new or replacement windows.

R&R Window Service (dba) R&R Windows & Doors is a family owned and operated company. We started out as service center for windows and patio doors. Now we are a dealer, installer and service center for Colorado. Our founder Ron Reitz has been in the window industry since the late 1980's, so people not only be getting my window and door expertise but from everyone in our company. Our window & door lines we carry are Hurd Window & Door, Cascade Windows and Milgard Windows & Doors. But we have worked on about every type of window brand that has been sold in Colorado over the years.

These is for everyone in our company who would help answer questions: Arapahoe Community College, Installation Masters Institute - Level RLC-1, Hurd Sales Training Program, Hurd Service Training Program, EPA Lead Base Paint Certified.