Windows and Doors/Room Door Starting To "stick" to Frame

Question
Dear Mr. Wood,

A couple of the doors to room in my house are getting hard to open.  They are "sticking" to the frame upon opening/closing.  

What's the usual cause of this?  Could it be sagging foundation, or is it more likely a local problem, i.e. in the door, frame, or hinges?

Thank you very much,
James

Answer
James,

There are several reasons that might cause doors to stick and become hard to open.  I have written a post on my blog that may answer your questions.  Go to Sagging door adjustment and repair to see a list of reasons for sagging or sticking doors and suggestions for adjustments or repairs.

I hope I have been of some help in this matter.

Best regards,  

Windows and Doors

Tony Wood