Windows and Doors/Room Door Starting To "stick" to Frame

Dear Mr. Wood,

A couple of the doors to room in my house are getting hard to open.  They are "sticking" to the frame upon opening/closing.  

What's the usual cause of this?  Could it be sagging foundation, or is it more likely a local problem, i.e. in the door, frame, or hinges?

Thank you very much,

There are several reasons that might cause doors to stick and become hard to open.  I have written a post on my blog that may answer your questions.  Go to Sagging door adjustment and repair to see a list of reasons for sagging or sticking doors and suggestions for adjustments or repairs.

I hope I have been of some help in this matter.

Best regards,  

Windows and Doors

Tony Wood

I can answer questions regarding style, function, and construction features on a wide range of windows and doors. I also have extensive experience in the repair and replacement of many types of windows and doors. My expertise also includes carpentry, painting, framing, siding/boxing, decks and screen and glass enclosures. Wood's Home Maintenance Service

I am a life time resident of North Carolina with over 30 years experience in multiple facets of the industrial, commercial and residential construction industry. For the past 23 years I have owned and operated Wood's Home Maintenance Service, providing services primarily in Johnston, Wake and Sampson Counties of North Carolina.

Several Home improvement articles published on Angie's List and other online forums including an interview by North Carolina Homes.

High School graduate ~ proficient in CAD (computer aided design), Open Office program suite. I have also successfully owned and operated Wood's Home Maintenance Service for the past 23 years