Windows and Doors/Room Door Starting To "stick" to Frame

Question
Dear Mr. Reitz,

A couple of the doors to room in my house are getting hard to open.  They are "sticking" to the frame upon opening/closing.  

What's the usual cause of this?  Could it be sagging foundation, or is it more likely a local problem, i.e. in the door, frame, or hinges?

Thank you very much,
James

Answer
Hi James,

Your home could have settled so now the doors frames are not square - you may need to shim the back side of 1 or more of the hinges and see if that helps.  
The last thing you could to is cut down part of the door so its smaller then it would not stick as bad if the frame is really out of square

Or one of  the hinges could be broke and need to be replaced. I would also check the screws for the hinges and see if its stripped out- if that is the case you would need to fill them and reattached the hinges so the door would not sag anymore.

If you look up a local handy man - they could do any of this work for you.

Thank you

R&R Windows & Doors

Windows and Doors

Brittini Reitz